Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Rifle rest

Question
What would you recommend to buy for a rifle rest.

Answer
I use Benchmaster Buffalo Bags range bags...I don't need anything more complicated.

I learned to shoot rifles in Cub Scouts about 56 years ago, and got a refresher in the Army...The range I use has wooden benches and the bags work just fine for any type of rifle. I just use mine to sight the rifle in properly, and then do a lot of practice off hand and position shooting...nothing fancy. A lot of my rifles are just open sights, and the rest are generally old scopes - steel US made Redfields and Weavers... 10X and 6X fixed, 2.5 X 7, 3 X 9..even a 4 X fixed deer scope on my Marlin .22 squirrel rifle.

When it gets a little warmer, I plan to use the bags to sight in my FN49 8mm rifle, and a few others I have recently bought but not yet fired.

I like to keep things simple, and really don't use anything other than the bags...and really any sturdy bags - even sand bags - will do fine.

Get familiar with and practice the fundamentals of rifle shooting, and you will be OK.  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt