Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Rifle rest

What would you recommend to buy for a rifle rest.

I use Benchmaster Buffalo Bags range bags...I don't need anything more complicated.

I learned to shoot rifles in Cub Scouts about 56 years ago, and got a refresher in the Army...The range I use has wooden benches and the bags work just fine for any type of rifle. I just use mine to sight the rifle in properly, and then do a lot of practice off hand and position shooting...nothing fancy. A lot of my rifles are just open sights, and the rest are generally old scopes - steel US made Redfields and Weavers... 10X and 6X fixed, 2.5 X 7, 3 X 9..even a 4 X fixed deer scope on my Marlin .22 squirrel rifle.

When it gets a little warmer, I plan to use the bags to sight in my FN49 8mm rifle, and a few others I have recently bought but not yet fired.

I like to keep things simple, and really don't use anything other than the bags...and really any sturdy bags - even sand bags - will do fine.

Get familiar with and practice the fundamentals of rifle shooting, and you will be OK.  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt

General questions relating to various handguns - shooting, recommendations and general information on older/antique Smith & Wesson, Colt and other US made and European made pistols and revolvers. I am NOT an expert collector, but I have had several hundred handguns over the last 45 years+. I have repaired and refurbished several and shot hundreds of various handguns, and I am pretty knowledgeable on them.

Started shooting in Cub Scouts at age 10. US Army veteran in the late 1960's. Owned several hundred handguns including revolvers and autoloading pistols made by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Merwin Hulbert, H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins and Allen, Charter Arms and European pistols made by Mauser, Beretta, Star, Llama, Tanfoglio Guseppe, Dreyse 1907 and FN. I am mostly interested in and experienced with late 19th and all 20th century pistols, not current guns using plastic.

Have a degree in Social Work, with minors in Sociology and Fine Art (Painting)