Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/stuck safety

I inherited a Noble 60f 12 gauge pump shotgun but the safety is stuck on it. Is there a way i my self can unstick the safety so the gun will shoot. As a gun that won't shoot is pretty depressing. Thank you for your help.

There is a pretty good chance that if the gun was exposed to moisture and then not fired for a very long time that there is some corrosion which is causing the safety to bind up.  If you want to try something yourself, I would purchase a product called Eezox.  It is a lubricant that works wonders on frozen or binding actions.

If you go to their website:  you should be able to locate a dealer that sells it.  It is not terribly expensive, maybe $5 for a small bottle.  Put a few drops down into the crevices of the action around the safety and let it sit for a couple of hours and then see if you can get it started moving.  If you can, the put a few more drops in and keep working it back and forth until it loosens up a bit.

If you can't get it working then there is most likely a more serious issue...there is a small ball that the safety moves back and forth on...if that is gone, then it would not function.  The good news is that spare parts are actually available at

I would suggest that repairing the action is not something you should attempt on your own.  You should find a good gunsmith that knows what they are doing if that is the course you take.

I hope this helps you out a bit...

Best regards,

Doug Little

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little

I can answer questions relating to Legal Concealed Carry in most of the Western US, with detailed knowledge of Concealed Carry laws in Arizona. I have an in-depth understanding of tactical and defensive handgun skills including Close Range Gunfighting, Armed Vehicle Operations, Low Light Gunfighting and Advanced Concealed Carry techniques. I can answer detailed questions regarding Firearms Safety, Gun Handling and Marksmanship techniques. I can also answer detailed questions in the area of Crime Prevention and Victim Avoidance. ***PLEASE NOTE: Despite having done so in the past, I cannot continue to answer questions about valuation of firearms of any kind or questions regarding when a gun was made or what the impact of age or condition might be on the value of any firearm, either contemporary or antique.***

NRA Training Counselor, NRA instructor for Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Basic Pistol and Refuse to be a Victim disciplines. Certified by the AZ Dept. of Public Safety as a Firearms Safety Instructor for AZ Concealed Weapons Permit Classes and AZ Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Training. Instructor in both Low Light Gunfighting and Close Range Gunfighting. As a Staff instructor for Suarez International, I teach intermediate and advanced level tactical handgun courses. I am also teach intermediate and advanced level courses in the AR15/M4 and Kalashnikov Rifle platforms. I am a multiple graduate of Gunsite Academy and hold a certificate of Armed Vehicle Operations from them. I have been instructing in Arizona professionally for the past 9 years and have over 20 years shooting experience. Certified by the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners as a Crime Prevention Specialist.

National Rifle Association, Life Member; International Society of Crime Prevention Practioners; International Defensive Pistol Association; Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association; Association of Police Marksman; President, US Marshals Posse - District of Arizona

BS, Political Science, Appalachian State University; Suarez International - Low Light Instructor, Suarez International - Close Range Gunfighting Instructor, Gunsite Academy - Armed Vehicle Operations, Arizona Department of Public Safety - Firearms Safety Instructor, NRA Instructor Ratings in Personal Protection in Home, Home Firearms Safety and Basic Pistol, ASP Tactical Baton Instructor, ASP Tactical Handcuff Instructor.

Please visit my website for testimonials at