Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Need parts

Question
Hi, I have a U S Revolver 32 caliber, It was my dads, but not all the parts are there. I need a cylinder and the pin for the cylinder. I think it is a five shot by what information i could find. I would like to know if you know where I can locate parts or if a S&W cylinder would interchange. I have removed the grip and along with the serial number there was an E indicating it to be a 32 caliber. Thank you for any information

Answer
Janice,

Thanks for your question...unfortunately, I don't have a very good answer for you.  US Revolvers were made by Iver Johnson...and while some Iver Johnson parts are close, these guns had parts that were 'hand fitted' for the most part.  That means there was some manual fitting for every gun as it was assembled.  That means that any parts that you find will most likely not just 'drop in' and work, but will require some gunsmithing.

You didn't mention if the gun was a 'top break' or a 'solid frame', but you might try looking on www.gunpartscorp.com under Iver Johnson.  To save you time, there is nothing listed under US Revolver.

Understand that even if you purchase the parts from them, you may have to do some fitting work, or find a gunsmith that can.  Also, the availability of .32 Cal ammo for this gun is going to be very limited, if you can find it at all...so I would not count on being able to shoot it.

Sorry I don't have better news and I hope this all helps some.

Best regards,

Doug Little

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little