Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/22 pistol

QUESTION: I have just got a  revelation model 99 9 shot, 22 caliber. from western auto supply.H.S.180-00. Does the H S 180-00 make any difference, all I can find on the web is H S 160-00. Mine is a 6" western style and I don't know weather it fires 20 or 22LR.
   Thank you for your time Grover

ANSWER: Grover,

Your pistol was originally made by High Standard as a Western Auto store brand.  They were made between 1957 and 1961.  High Standard also made pistol for Sears and other retailers as well.  Your model 99 shoots .22 LR.  If you could find other types of .22 ammo, like .22 Long or .22 Short, it would shoot that as well, but the only thing that is readily available for a .22 caliber gun these days is .22 Long Rifle.

Hope you enjoy your have a pretty neat little gun there.

Best regards,

QUESTION: is it safe to use 22 long rifle are they the same length or the other 22 bullets OK to fire through it

Since you have a revolver, as long as the cartridge will fit completely in the cylinder without sticking out, you should be fine.  The other .22 cartridges I mentioned are shorter than a .22 LR.  Honestly, I haven't seen .22 Shorts or .22 Longs for sale in over 20 years...I would just stick with .22 Long Rifle.

Best regards,

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little

I can answer questions relating to Legal Concealed Carry in most of the Western US, with detailed knowledge of Concealed Carry laws in Arizona. I have an in-depth understanding of tactical and defensive handgun skills including Close Range Gunfighting, Armed Vehicle Operations, Low Light Gunfighting and Advanced Concealed Carry techniques. I can answer detailed questions regarding Firearms Safety, Gun Handling and Marksmanship techniques. I can also answer detailed questions in the area of Crime Prevention and Victim Avoidance. ***PLEASE NOTE: Despite having done so in the past, I cannot continue to answer questions about valuation of firearms of any kind or questions regarding when a gun was made or what the impact of age or condition might be on the value of any firearm, either contemporary or antique.***

NRA Training Counselor, NRA instructor for Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Basic Pistol and Refuse to be a Victim disciplines. Certified by the AZ Dept. of Public Safety as a Firearms Safety Instructor for AZ Concealed Weapons Permit Classes and AZ Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Training. Instructor in both Low Light Gunfighting and Close Range Gunfighting. As a Staff instructor for Suarez International, I teach intermediate and advanced level tactical handgun courses. I am also teach intermediate and advanced level courses in the AR15/M4 and Kalashnikov Rifle platforms. I am a multiple graduate of Gunsite Academy and hold a certificate of Armed Vehicle Operations from them. I have been instructing in Arizona professionally for the past 9 years and have over 20 years shooting experience. Certified by the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners as a Crime Prevention Specialist.

National Rifle Association, Life Member; International Society of Crime Prevention Practioners; International Defensive Pistol Association; Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association; Association of Police Marksman; President, US Marshals Posse - District of Arizona

BS, Political Science, Appalachian State University; Suarez International - Low Light Instructor, Suarez International - Close Range Gunfighting Instructor, Gunsite Academy - Armed Vehicle Operations, Arizona Department of Public Safety - Firearms Safety Instructor, NRA Instructor Ratings in Personal Protection in Home, Home Firearms Safety and Basic Pistol, ASP Tactical Baton Instructor, ASP Tactical Handcuff Instructor.

Please visit my website for testimonials at