Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/info on rifle

Looking for info on a "New York Club", Pat. Apr 14,1891 / The H & D Folsom Arms Co. N.Y. USA  / Crescent Fire Arms Co. Norwich, Conn Manufacturers.  Serial number is 702. It is a 32 caliber rim fire, single shot. Still fires.
It was my great grandfathers would like some info for insurance.

H&D Folsom were wholesalers and importers of mostly shotguns from Belgium and England. They did import some rifles as well, and all their guns were sold under a number of different brand names according to the requests of the seller.

I BELIEVE the gun you have was a Belgian copy of a Remington rifle. They were not common, but there is almost no interest in them as collectables, and they are NOT considered shooters. Value is not really a lot, probably a maximum of $400 if it is in excellent condition.

Here is some general info on the company...

I used to own a Crescent 12 gauge side by side, marked for a big Philadelphia area sporting goods seller around 1900 or so. It was OK, but nothing special as far as quality. They were mostly lower end or field grade guns, although some had "almost famous" brand names...Richards, etc.

I think the value is mostly as a family piece. FWIW, the ammo - .32 RF, is incredibly expensive and VERY collectable, as no one makes it anywhere in the world at this time...there are sites online selling boxes for hundreds of dollars and individual rounds for big money...Don't shoot that ammo - Keep it or sell it.

Enjoy that family treasure as a display piece.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt

General questions relating to various handguns - shooting, recommendations and general information on older/antique Smith & Wesson, Colt and other US made and European made pistols and revolvers. I am NOT an expert collector, but I have had several hundred handguns over the last 45 years+. I have repaired and refurbished several and shot hundreds of various handguns, and I am pretty knowledgeable on them.

Started shooting in Cub Scouts at age 10. US Army veteran in the late 1960's. Owned several hundred handguns including revolvers and autoloading pistols made by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Merwin Hulbert, H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins and Allen, Charter Arms and European pistols made by Mauser, Beretta, Star, Llama, Tanfoglio Guseppe, Dreyse 1907 and FN. I am mostly interested in and experienced with late 19th and all 20th century pistols, not current guns using plastic.

Have a degree in Social Work, with minors in Sociology and Fine Art (Painting)