Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/sites for 7mm mauser

Question
I have a 7mm mauser. None of the numbers I find anywhere on the gun match any other numbers on the gun. There is a crown on it and under the crown I believe it says "fabrica de armas". Under that it says "Oviedo". Under that "1922". Years ago my dad cut the wood back that was on the front of the gun in order to hunt with it. He also put a Williams site on the back. I'm not sure if he changed the front site at all. The sites aren't accurate, and I'm not able to site them in. What I was wondering is, can I put original sites back on it, and what type of sites are they if I can? Any other info on the gun would be appreciated just for my own knowledge but not necessary.

Answer
Hello David.
  Parts, such as the rear sights, are available. I found them listed with two companies on the web. One is Numrich Gun Parts ( www.gunpartscorp.com ) and the other is Liberty Tree Collectors ( www.libertytreecollectors.com ). You have a Spanish Mauser. Without a picture, or serial number from the receiver, I cannot say which model. It can be the Model 1893, or the Model 1916. The Oviedo factory did not start rebuilds on the Model 1893 until 1928. If your rifle proves to be a Model 1893, it has been rebuilt from surplus rifle parts. I had a Model 1895, which is the carbine version of the Model 1893. I had it sporterised with a Williams rear sight, had the barrel cut back to 22" and had a matching Williams front sight installed. Best open sight rifle I ever shot. If you decide to do this, I suggest that you have a competent gunsmith check it over.
  The Arms Factory "Fabrica de Armas" was located in Oviedo, Spain. In 1896, the factory began production of the Model 1893 Mauser in 7X57mm Mauser. The first production concluded in 1916. The second production, with a few modifications, began again in 1921 and concluded in 1928. The Model 1895 carbine began in 1898 and concluded in 1927. The Model 1916 began in 1916 and concluded in 1936.
  I hope this information helps and thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage