Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Winchester 140 12ga auto

Question
I just Identified this by it serial number, N101####, so now I know it is a 140.  
Q1.  What are the differences in a 1400 & 140 ?

I got it from a friend who moved, no barrel on it.
I have a couple of other barrels on hand,  a 120 and 1200.
They fit fine, and chamber dummy rounds just fine...and eject.

Q2.  Do you think its ok to live fire it with either barrel ?

Answer
Mike,

Good question/s!

The 140 was less expensive but does share some parts with the 1400. It was only made for a couple of years and was a "price point" shotgun. Winchester's goal with the 140 was more for military and police sales. The 140 had a hard wood stock while the 1400 was walnut.

I make it a point to always advise to use the correct replacement component items for overall safe and proper function. However to take it a step further,  due to pump vs semi - auto actions, I would not expect the barrel from a pump to function properly on a semi-auto.

Thanks for your question,
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark