Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Davidson 16 g.

Question
I've inherited a Davidson s/s 16 gauge shotgun LI30631.  There's a slight bulge in the right barrel however I've shot it several times with standard loads but I'm a little hesitant to pass it on to my son as a shooting firearm. 1. is there a test to determine if the bulge is too weak for firing; 2. is there a source for buying a Davidson barrel 3. should I just hang it on the wall? Thanks.

Answer
Hello Larry.
  If your shotgun is a Davidson Firearms Co. Greensboro, NC. Model 63B, you have a very nice Spanish-made double gun. It was manufactured and imported starting in 1963. I am not a metallurgist, so I cannot give you expert advice on it's safe use. I am not aware of a replacement source for the barrel. I would have it inspected by a licensed and certified gunsmith. Personally, I would have it deactivated and framed.
  I hope this helps and thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage