Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Owning a none workable firearm

I would like to buy this old shotgun that is registed still Would you need a licens for a old shotgun that's welded shut and the barrel is filled in with weld in wa

OK - the laws in Australia are vastly different from those here in the USA...I could buy a shotgun such as you described, I could do so with no paperwork at all, and I could probably find one at a flea market.

BUT I know your legal situation is different. I know people in Australia, but no one who is familiar with the gun laws - in fact, no one who lives in WA...SO here is the link to the police web site dealing with your question and your area...

Good luck - I hope it works out in your favor!

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt

General questions relating to various handguns - shooting, recommendations and general information on older/antique Smith & Wesson, Colt and other US made and European made pistols and revolvers. I am NOT an expert collector, but I have had several hundred handguns over the last 45 years+. I have repaired and refurbished several and shot hundreds of various handguns, and I am pretty knowledgeable on them.

Started shooting in Cub Scouts at age 10. US Army veteran in the late 1960's. Owned several hundred handguns including revolvers and autoloading pistols made by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Merwin Hulbert, H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins and Allen, Charter Arms and European pistols made by Mauser, Beretta, Star, Llama, Tanfoglio Guseppe, Dreyse 1907 and FN. I am mostly interested in and experienced with late 19th and all 20th century pistols, not current guns using plastic.

Have a degree in Social Work, with minors in Sociology and Fine Art (Painting)