Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/old shotgun

Question
side of gun
side of gun  
other side of gun
other side of gun  
QUESTION: I have a old single shot shootgun with no markings on it besides for a four num serial number 0781 on side of receiver. It has a 32 in barrel. I believe it to be 16ga. It has a wierd spring acton on the side of it that releases it to break it over. Friend told me it was a 1941 Harrington Richards but I cant find nothing that looks like what I got. My questions are what is it and what may it be worth

ANSWER: Hello Tim.
  I will be glad to help. Problem is that your pictures did not come through. Please try again. Thanks. Charles Gage

rite side
rite side  
Back side
Back side  
QUESTION: I will try to send again

ANSWER: Hello Tim.
Thank you for your pictures. This is going to be a challenge for me and I like a good challenge. First, I think it is much older than a 1941 Harrington & Richardson. I really can't tell if it is a fireing pin, or a percussion cap nipple, that is struck by the hammer? The push-pin latch may be English, but not sure. If you have time, I will start working on it. If not, there are several other firearm experts here on AllExperts.com. Thank you. Charles Gage

Open
Open  

rite side
rite side  
QUESTION: It is a firing pin that the hammer strikes. A 20 ga shell is to small and a 12 ga round is to big. So I do believe it is a 16 ga. I believe it is chambered for 3 in

Answer
Hello Tim.
  Thanks for the extra pictures. If it is a 16 ga., it will not be a 3" chamber. To measure the chamber correctly, You can use a set of depth calipers. Measure from the face of the chamber, down to the end of the chamber or beginning of the barrel. Subtract from that depth about a half inch, and this will give you the proper shell length. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage