Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/modifications to my rifle

QUESTION: hello, i have a mossberg 100 atr and i wanted to install a bipod on it. my problem is that it has a built stud in the synthetic stock and i cannot attach a rail system to it. is there any way i would be able to fix this so i can attach the rail and bipod to it?

ANSWER: I'm not really sure why you are saying that you can't attach a bipod to the stud that comes with the rifle. If the reason is that you'd like that stud free for a sling, most better bipods (and even some not so good ones) have an attachment point on the bipod for a sling.

If the problem is that the stud is too short and the bp will not attach, just replace the sling attachment with a taller one.

QUESTION: im confused as well because most bipods should be able to fit on any rifle, and the one i had purchased came with an adapter however the adapter does not fit on stud. i will send a picture of what it looks like and maybe that will clear up my question a little more

OK, that makes more sense now. This from the website "The Truth About Guns:"

"The front sling mounting point is problematic for bipods. Itís suitable for some of the more expensive bipods, but if youíre using the one I like from Cheaper Than Dirt that surrounds the sling swivel stud then youíre S.O.L."

It seems to me that another option would be get a sling stud and install it - in a synthetic stock I would use a machine screw held in with a washer and a nut. (See site below).

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

I CAN answer questions related to defensive use of firearms, tactics, prudent modifications of firearms, utility of certain types of firearms. My greatest knowledge is in the area of handguns. PLEASE READ BEFORE SENDING QUESTIONS: I CAN NOT identify antique guns or those that are old and out-of-production. I CAN NOT tell you the value of your firearms. I CAN NOT tell you the history of your guns. I CAN NOT supply information about cheap, inherently unsafe firearms (e.g. Jimenez, Jennings, Lorcin).

Primary Instructor, F2v (armed and unarmed self-defense); NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Distinguished Expert, Handgun; International Defensive Pistol Association certified Safety Officer; IDPA classified Expert, Stock Service Pistol Division; Multiple graduate, Practical Firearms Training, Tactical Carbine and Advanced Defensive Handgun; Blackwater Training Center, Advanced Skills Handgun; Insights Training Center, Defensive Folding Knife; Integrated Defensive Fighting Systems, Unarmed Defense and Fixed Blade Knife; Range qualified with local police department, handgun and shotgun; Kukkiwon Ildan Black Belt, ETS certified Self-Defense Instructor

National Rifle Association, International Defensive Pistol Association, Virginia Citizens' Defense League; Integrated Defensive Fighting Systems; Personal Defense Group

Tactical Journal

Bachelor's and Master's degrees; Graduate Practical Firearms Training, Handgun levels 1, 2, and 3, and Tactical Carbine; Kukiwan certified Ildan black belt.

Multiple trophies from various tactical pistol competitions.