Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Davis Certified Shotgun 410 double barrel

I'm doing research for a friend who inherited a David Certified 410 Double Barrel shotgun.  On the left side above the trigger it says " Davis Certified Shotgun " and below that it says " Crescent-Davis Arms Corporation " .

The only other information printed anywhere on the gun is the serial number which is on the barrel viewed when open " S20156 " .

Barrel is 26" long

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your expertise.

Joel T Brown

The Crescent Arms Company came to be after 1930 when they purchased the rights to the name which was later aquired by Stevens/Savage. The "Certified" (Savage) in good condition would have an approximate retail value of $250 to $300.

Thanks for the question Joel.
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark

I can answer questions concerning hand guns, rifles, shotguns and related ammo and ballistics questions. I cannot answer questions concerning paint-ball, airguns, etc. Also any questions related to hunting and/or related firearm useage can be answered. If asking about gun history and/or values please limit your question about one gun at a time. I limit the number of questions to five a day (so I have time to respond to all) and it defeats that purpose if I'm being ask about a half dozen guns or more in just "one" question.

I have over 35 years experience in hunting, shooting sports, and firearm collecting. I am a outdoor skills/hunter education instructor. I am a firearms instructor and have participated in PPC competition for many years in the midwest. I have received training in counter sniper tactics and held a position in said capacity on a police emergency response team. Retired law enforcement professional. I have held a F.F.L. and owned a firearms store for over 10 years. I also am currently the president of a 1400 member conservation organization which oversees shotgun, handgun, and rifle shooting sports.

Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and the N.R.A. Adam's Conservation Club President. Hunter Ed. Instructor for Ohio Division of Wildlife. State Chairman of Ohio Ducks Unlimited. Past member of the Ohio Gun Collectors and Ohio Police Chief's Associations. Past member of the International Assoc. of Chief's of Police. Past member of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Criminal Justice Training Center.