Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/browning .22

trying to find year it was made browning .22 lever action serial number 50561px126

Hello John.
  Your BL-22, 50561PX126, was manufactured in 1983, by the company Miroku of Japan. I will break down the numbers to explain.
#1. The 50561 is the actual number of manufacture, beginning with 01001 each year.
#2. In 1976, Browning went to a '2 letter' year of manufacture code. Your 'PX' equals 1983.
 Z=1;Y=2;X=3;W=4;V=5;T=6;R=7;P=8;N=9;M=0. This code is still in use, ZV= 2015.  
#3.The two grades; BL 22 Grade I is marked with a '126' model number and the BL 22 Grade II
 number '226'. Your rifle is a Grade I.
#4 In 1976, Browning began having some of their firearms manufactured by Miroku of Japan.
 Other models were still manufactured in the US. The same 3-digit numbers that mark the 'grade' are used to show which company they came from. '126', before the letters date code, means US. After the letter date code means Japan. Your numbers follow the letter date code. Therefore, your Browning was manufactured by Miroku of Japan( a very high quality firearms company, I might add).
   I have enjoyed doing this research. Now, enjoy your Browning BL22 for many years to come. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.