Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/hopkins and allen

I purchased a hopkins and allen double barrel 12ga and was wondering the age of the gun and cant find anything the serial number is 15766 its hammer less and does not have automatic ejectors any info would be great thank you

Hello Joshua.
  Hopkins & Allen is one of those companies that produced utility-grade shotguns during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Record keeping was not of great importance to them. The pre-1896 side by side shotguns were stamped "HOPKINS & ALLEN MANUFG. CO. NORWICH CONN" and were Damascus or twist steel barrels. From 1902-05, they used the "FOREHAND" name, as well as others, on them. In 1906, they stopped using the 'Forehand' name. They stopped manufacturing in 1914.
  I hope this helps. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.