Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/unknown muzzleloader

Unknown Muzzleloader
Unknown Muzzleloader  

Numbers - Letters
Numbers - Letters  
Hello, I have been trying to identify this muzzleloader and find out its age.  Any help you could give would be appreciated.  This came from my wife's 95 year old grandmother, I believe her husband had hunted with it.  I'm FAR from being a gun expert, but I think it's a percussion cap muzzleloader, not a flintlock.  There are some letters or numbers punched into the metal near the hammer area.  It's not clear, but it looks like "I&W HENRY"  or "18W HENRY".  It may not be either one of those, but it definitely says "HENRY".

Hopefully you can figure out my mystery or at least point me in the right direction.
         Thank you.

Hello Eric.
   I have done a bit more research on your rifle and have found a couple of facts that may help you find your answer. The patch box, having a wooden top, is in the style of the Germanic Jaeger rifle. There were some British military rifles, built between 1830-1838, that were used during the Napoleonic Wars. These had this type patch box. They were in .75 caliber. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.