Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Saint Hubert 300mag

Question
I'm looking for any info on a gun. It's stamped Saint Hubert, made in England, on the barrel it's stamped 300 mag. There is no other markings.  Thank You

Answer
Hello Sue.
  I have found many opinions dealing with the 'ST.HUBERT' English rifle. Putting pieces together, along with some history of St. Hubert (Saint of Hunters), this is what I came up with. First, the action was most likely manufactured in Belgium by FN, and sent to the British arms company BSA. These actions were then imported into the U.S. by Herters of Waseca, Minnesota in the 1960's. It is said that the barrels and stocks were added by Herters, and that Herters used the name 'St. Hubert' on some of their rifles. However, most of the information shows that the words 'WASECA,MINN' are included on the barrels. If there are no other markings, numbers, or crests on your rifle, it may have been completely assembled in England by BSA and brought to the U.S. by an individual.
  St. Hubert was from Liege, Belgium. He was named a saint in 708 A.D. and died on May 30, 727 A.D. Rifle action manufactured in Belgium? Has the name 'ST. HUBERT' on it? Is it a coincidence, or a clue?
  I hope the information I have given you will be of use, should you decide to do more research on your own. Thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage