Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Iver Johnson 32 cal break top

Question
Top of barrel
Top of barrel  

Disasembled
Disasembled  
I purchased an Iver Johnson 32 cal break top today and trying to find more about its manf. Date and if it is for black powder or smokeless.  Thanks

I took off the black rubber grips and no number under the grip. Has 86821 on the bottom of the butt.  Nothing under the trigger guard.

Answer
Hello Gary.
  Thank you for the pictures. Yes, your revolver is for black powder cartridges, only. It was manufactured in 1894 or 1895. It is known as 'Iver Johnson Safety Automatic First Model'. If you want to shoot it, first and foremost, have it checked by a competent licensed gunsmith. You may find black powder loaded ammunition at Buffalo Arms Co. used by cowboy action shooters for their ammo needs.
  I hope this helps answer your questions and thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage.  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage