Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Iver Johnson .38 S&W Mod. 55-SA Type 1

Question
I have a Iver Johnson Cadet .38 s&w mod. 55-SA Type one. It will not cock. It will advance the cylinder and fire from double action, and will stay cocked if you depress the small lever behind the trigger. I am guessing that this is the seer. My question is, is this gun supposed to fire double action only or should it cock. And if it should cock, what could be causing it not to?

Answer
Hello jim.
 Yes. It is a double action so should fire both by pulling the trigger  or pulling the hammer back and just pulling the trigger. I am not a gunsmith, so I don't know what may be the problem. A qualified licensed gun smith should be able to help you with this.
 Thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage