Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Arminius HW 5 .32 S&W Long Revolver

I have a friend that has a Arminius HW 5 .32 S&W Long Revolver but the barrel is loose. I was wondering if there is a way to make it safe to fire again and what needs to be done?

Arminius revolvers were imported from Germany in the 1970's or so, and are NOT good quality guns.
Since there is a real problem with the barrel, it is dangerous to shoot unless it is repaired PROPERLY. I would take it to a GOOD gunsmith and ask him to give you an estimate, but personally, I would not spend a dime on fixing that  money and get a used Rossi or Charter Arms revolver, either of which is a far better made gun. I have owned both and would not hesitate to recommend either one.

The Arminius is almost worthless with little to no resale value, even in good condition. I would NEVER recommend that you try to fix it yourself. Don't mean to disappoint your friend, but it's just not worth fixing.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt

General questions relating to various handguns - shooting, recommendations and general information on older/antique Smith & Wesson, Colt and other US made and European made pistols and revolvers. I am NOT an expert collector, but I have had several hundred handguns over the last 45 years+. I have repaired and refurbished several and shot hundreds of various handguns, and I am pretty knowledgeable on them.

Started shooting in Cub Scouts at age 10. US Army veteran in the late 1960's. Owned several hundred handguns including revolvers and autoloading pistols made by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Merwin Hulbert, H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins and Allen, Charter Arms and European pistols made by Mauser, Beretta, Star, Llama, Tanfoglio Guseppe, Dreyse 1907 and FN. I am mostly interested in and experienced with late 19th and all 20th century pistols, not current guns using plastic.

Have a degree in Social Work, with minors in Sociology and Fine Art (Painting)