Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Early Stevens 22 rifle

My parents gave me their old Stevens and it appears to be Model 66, 066 or 086.  It does not have any model or serial #s. It is a bolt action repeater with a peep rear sight piece.  I hope that you can help me find the missing rear sight with an elevator and the replaceable globe that can be added to the front sight piece.  The front sight piece has patent #2083677 stamped on its side.

Gary, first let me thank you for allowing me to help you with your question... I would also like to apologize for not answering in a more timely manner.

Your Stevens Bolt Action Model 66 was manufactured between 1930 and 1948. The rifles were inexpensive entry level guns designed as a young persons starter rifle. There are still a good number of them to be found if you look for them and they are good solid rifles still today.

It has been my experience that a dependable source of parts for your 66 may be found at Bob's Guns. The site URL for Bob's is . They have a lot of turn over of old parts so if they do not have the sight parts you need do not be discouraged, they will have more. I would call them at the phone number on their site.

Another possible source for model 66 parts would be Numrich Gunparts. They carry a huge selection of used parts for many old guns. As I stated you can call them at the number on their site... They are at .

You might also check with Havlin Sales at . They specialize in Mossberg parts but many times have original parts and repro parts for guns from other manufacturers.

I hope this helps you find what you need. Enjoy your Model 66 and always shoot safe!

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Don Orem

There are always questions pertaining to any subject that even an expert can not answer. That being said, I am very well equipped to answer questions concerning rimfire firearms due to experience, research, and discussion of rimfire firearms with many people I consider experts. I collect old, different, or unique examples of Rimfire firearms. I also have an extensive collection of handguns and rifles from all over the world. I reload, shoot black powder, and have a nice collection of military firearms dating back to the 1800's.

I started shooting in 1953 when I was 5 years old. My father bought two .22 single shot rifles, mine was a Springfield Model 15 that I still own to this day. Today it would not be tolerated or politically correct, but back then he taught me gun safety and how to shoot by taking me to the town dump where we shot rats. Maybe that is to much information but those are some of my best memories of spending time with my father. I am at my gun club range at least 2 or 3 days a week. I am a certified NRA instructor and I teach both Basic Pistol as well as Home Firearms Safety. I also teach Concealed Carry Classes here in Florida. I have been a squirrel hunter all my life and for the last 4 years I have been active hunting feral hogs in the Everglades. I have been to every Shot Show for the last three years on my media credentials and I have attended the NRA National Convention for the last 2 years. I have my own on-line gun forum called Gun Tips and Talk and I have also served for a number of years as a Moderator or Administrator on the National Gun Forum and the Florida Gun Forum. I do a lot of gun and equipment reviews on-line. I also have my CCR FFL, a personal UPIN number with the Justice Department, and I enjoy shooting my suppressed .22's. As a side hobby I build competition bench rifles for others on the 10/22 platform. There are a number of reports on my "project" guns on my personal website at .

NRA, NSSF, and the Dade City Rod and Gun Club in Dade City, Florida.

I am a high school graduate with an additional 2 years of college with a major in Commercial Marketing. I am also a disabled Viet Nam Vet.