Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/H&R model 922

Question
I have an H&R model 922 with an octagon barrel and 2 piece grips, serial number 121122. This appears to be older than any others I can find referenced on the internet. Have you seen a serial number that low before, and any idea of DOM?

Answer
Hello Dennis.
  The 922 with octagon barrel started manufacture in 1927. 1937 was the last octagon barrel model. The earliest serial number I have found recorded for this model is 125,270. This does not mean there weren't earlier serial numbers. You may have one of these. I hope this helps. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage