Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Classic Arms Snake Eyes Pistol

My niece inherited this pistol from her father.  It is missing the main spring on the left hand hammer.  I'm trying to locate one to put the pistol back to working order for her.  Any ideas?

Hello Greg.
  Your firearm is still sold as a 'build-it-yourself' kit by Dixie Gun Works. You might try ordering a spring from them. If you do not have the shooter's manual, they may be able to help you with that, as well. I can tell you that it shoots a .36 caliber round lead ball, and is to be used with black powder only.
  Thank you for asking for my help. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.