Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Iver Johnson Supershot Sealed Eight

Question
Can you give me any information concerning the Iver Johnson Supershot Sealed Eight with the serial number on the trigger guard 4369.  Also, can this gun utilize caliber .22 and .22 long rifle.

Thanks
Wendell

Answer
Hello Wendell.
  First, it was manufactured from 1932-1954. One of the most well balanced revolver in the IJ line. The adjustable rear sight was known as the model 833,with non-adjustable rear sight model 88, both known as the 22 Supershot Sealed Eight. An excerpt from the 1933 IJ catalogue states 'Sealed cartridges...The chambers and the extractor are counter bored so the heads of the cartridge are flush with the face of the cylinder...thus avoiding the bursting of the rim which could hot gas to be expelled.' The serial number 4369 was manufactured as one of the very first runs of this model. there were 4,500 manufactured in 1932. The most current  Fjasted's Blue Book of Gun Values gives this revolver a standard value of $140-$275, depending on condition. I hope this helps answer your question and thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage Yes, it will shoot 22lr.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage