Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Remington Rand 1911A1

Will any WW2 mag be original to my 1944 Remington Rand 1911A1 or is there a specific brand.

There are specific makers that collectors consider "correct" magazines for WWII Remington Rand pistols...this article gives you the names, identifying letters stamped on the mags, and other identifying features. Please note that makers were used on several different "brand names" of 1911's...

Also see...

I strongly recommend you become a member at the site   I have been a contributor there in the past and IMO it is THE best 1911 site there is, period.

FWIW, these mags may be VERY hard to find and costly if and when you do.

I would keep watching SARCO Inc's site...they have tons of old parts and from time to time they find things that have been forgotten years before.

Good luck with your project and remember there are no real hard and fast rules...

ADDED...I would not shoot these collectables. IF you want a 1911 shooter, I highly recommend the ARMSCOR Rock Island brand. they are very inexpensive, guaranteed forever, and they are THE most accurate 1911's, period. They regularly outshoot the "good name" pistols (Kimber etc)...Enjoy your search.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt

General questions relating to various handguns - shooting, recommendations and general information on older/antique Smith & Wesson, Colt and other US made and European made pistols and revolvers. I am NOT an expert collector, but I have had several hundred handguns over the last 45 years+. I have repaired and refurbished several and shot hundreds of various handguns, and I am pretty knowledgeable on them.

Started shooting in Cub Scouts at age 10. US Army veteran in the late 1960's. Owned several hundred handguns including revolvers and autoloading pistols made by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Merwin Hulbert, H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins and Allen, Charter Arms and European pistols made by Mauser, Beretta, Star, Llama, Tanfoglio Guseppe, Dreyse 1907 and FN. I am mostly interested in and experienced with late 19th and all 20th century pistols, not current guns using plastic.

Have a degree in Social Work, with minors in Sociology and Fine Art (Painting)