Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/holsters

Question
What would you recommend to put on WW2 holsters to preserve and protect them without affecting their collection value.

Answer
Hello, again Robert...

First DO NOT USE saddle soap or anything containing neatsfoot oil, both of which will dry out leather products, and are very bad for older learther. What I see most recommended for leather is this line of products...

https://www.pecard.com

I am not selling it or part of their company.

FWIW, I have a few Vietnam era holsters for my 2 .45 pistols, and some older leather products, including a WWI German Corporal's leather belt and buckle (My father's father was a corporal in the Imperial German Army in WWI, and would have worn an identical belt...)

I would NOT recommend any type of shoe cleaner or conditioner or other products than the Pecard, and you might consider their Antique Leather Conditioner...I understand many re-enactors use ONLY that stuff and that it works very well.

Good question...I have to get some myself.

Good luck.

Mark  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt