Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/central arms 12 guage double

I have the above weapon, but it needs repairing and a new stock. Where can I obtain a new stock and is it worth repairing to a reliable firing arm?  Also when was it made? The only number I could find on the weapon was on the inside of the barrel as part of the hinge.  the number is 58S92 or possible 58892.

Hello Clarence.
  Your firearm, not weapon, was manufactured by Crescent Firearms Co. between 1900 and 1930. It was one of hundreds that were purchased by hardware companies and named for their specific company. Like Revelation was named for use by Sears and Roebuck. Your shotgun was made for Shapley Hardware Company. To my knowledge, there are no parts available to bring your gun back to life. You have a wall hanger. Even if you could resurrect it, it would still be worth less than the parts would cost. Sorry for the bad news. Thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.