Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Can You Name the Gun?

Question
1st Rifle Photo
1st Rifle Photo  

2nd Rifle Photo
2nd Rifle Photo  
I've attached 2 photos of the rifle but I can't find any markings on it.  Can you tell me the make and model of this Rifle and perhaps where they were manufactured?

Thank You

Answer
Hello Anthony.
  Your rifle is an Italian Carcano. They were manufactured in several calibers, and models. Beginning in 1891, the Modello 1891, also known as the M91, was chambered in 6.5x52mm mannlicher. In 1938, the Modello 1938, was chambered in 7.35x51mm. Also, in 1941 they added the model 91/41. There were some changes made for the Netherlands, Russians, and Japanesse military use, so it is very important that you can see examples of these to determine which model you have. I have found a web site that will help you do just that. Search for 'pictures of carcano rifles'. There are several dozen pictures you can pull up and compare to your rifle. I hope this helps and thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage