Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Royal Gun Worls Belgium 32inch damascus double barrel

it has  the numbers 1124 under the has JE1612 laminated steel Belgium on the rib of barrels...can you please give me some info and a date of manufacture please sir?

Hello Clifford.
  Your shotgun was manufactured by Henri Pieper, or his son Nicolas Pieper, between 1898 and 1914, in Belgium. It was an import gun for sales through American hardware companies. The laminated steel barrels were manufactured to fire blackpowder shells only. As for the alpha-numeric stampings, I cannot say what they stand for. I would NOT fire this shotgun under any circumstances. Clean it up and hang it on the wall. There is some very interesting info on Henri Pieper on the net. Thanks for asking for me. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.