Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Jacketed breech shotgun

Attached are pictures of my shotgun. Note the lack of a hammer screw through the receiver. The receiver is nickel plated and some subtle engraving. The ejector was patented by Charles H. Eutebrouk of Cambridge MA on July 27, 1880. The buttplate is unmarked and seems like it is cast with a through bolt.I see the hammer move forward as I tighten the screw. The SN is 2043

Hello Don.
 You first identified your shotgun as an Iver Johnson. Is it stamped Iver Johnson? Then you say there is no screw through the receiver. I clearly stated that the screw was behind the trigger, which your picture clearly shows. There were no serial numbers issued to pre-1964, less popular shotguns and rifles, such as Stevens, Harrington Richardson, and Iver Johnson, among others. Therefore, the number 2043 you refer to, is only an assembly part number. I don't know what else I can do for you, but I hope you can use some of my research. Thank you, again. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.