Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Iver Johnston question

I have a pistol that has (IVER JOHNSTON Arms & Cycle Works, Fitchburg, Mass) on of the barrel.
And (22 Supershot Sealed 8) on the side of the barrel. The only other markings are on the bottom side of the trigger guard.  It is just the number 3077.
Can you tell me what year it was made?
Thank you

Hello Larry.
  The Super Shot Sealed Eight was manufactured between 1932 and 1958. The low serial number would place yours as a First Model manufactured in 1932. You can verify this by removing the grip and looking on the left side of the grip frame. If will have a letter pre-fix of "L" or L3077.
  Iver Johnson decided, in 1932, to manufacture a revolver unlike any other on the market, at that time. The name "Sealed Eight" came from the reference to the recessed chambers in the cylinder. This was to control a problem many .22 caliber revolvers were having at that time; the bursting of the rim, during firing, which could injure, not only the person shooting it, but anyone standing close to the side of the shooter! Iver Johnson firearms were miles ahead of their competitors in the development of safety features on there firearms. The Military even contracted with them, along side Colt and Smith&Wesson, for firearms during both WWI and WWII.
  I hope you found this of interest and that I answered your question. Please, remember to rate my response. Thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.