Gymnastics/Flyaways on bars

gymnast to gymnast wrote at 2012-11-08 06:48:05
Hi Ellen,

i am also a gymnast and i am able to do a flyaway, but the thing is a our gym we have to be tough and just have a mat under the bar because we don't own a flyaway.

I honestly dont mean to brag but what i am honestly trying to get to you is that it all happens in your head. you have to belive you can do it not just tell yourself you can! its all about your mental stregnth.

it works for me and mine are really good and i am now putting them in my bar routine so maybe you should try what i wrote!, its an idea.

good luck though

from gymnast to gymnast!

Rik Feeney

I can answer questions regarding all levels of the sport of women's gymnastics, the business of gymnastics, and the marketing of gymnastics programs.

I am the author of "Gymnastics: A Guide for Parents and Athletes" currently being published by McGraw-Hill. I am also a ghostwriter and co-author of the Gymcert series of books "Levels 1-3 Gymnastics Coaches Certifications Manuals" for recreational gymnasts, and the "Levels 4 - 6 Skills and Drills" books as well as Safety Basics for Gymnastics Instructors. I have written several other books on the sport of gymnastics for Richardson Publishing, the latest of which is titled, "Back Handsprings: The Secret Techniques." Oh, and by the way, I was a competitive gymnast through high school and college (Temple University), gymnastics club owner for 10 years, and women's gymnastics coach for 30 years working with gymnasts at all competitive levels

USA Gymnastics National Writer's union Florida Writer's Association

USA Gymnastics magazine Technique magazine International Gymnast magazine several newspaper articles

Temple University - Health Physical Education, Recreation & Dance Norwich University - Bachelors of Arts in Writing & Literature

Several state and national level gymnastics champions in different systems of competition.

Past/Present clients
Gymnasts, coaches, and club owners nation-wide.