Gymnastics/Starting a program

LAUREL wrote at 2014-04-17 13:29:52
first of all does anyone have any gymnastics experience? and starting a tumbling class first would be key because you can see how much intrest is really there before investing further and see how serious the kids are sometime just tumbling classes go over well in small towns but if the kids are wanting to compete thats a whole other ballgame and you would need the right equipment which cost thousands and the facility and right training so start there all you need is some good mats and a small building and a energetic teacher you can slowly add a single bar to start training basics for bars and then a low to the ground balance beam to do basics you can actually make your self and a vault dosent cost a lot so slowly as things progress you can see where it will go but i say start with tumbling and maybe have a local cheerleader teach a lot of the tumbling and some jumps

Rik Feeney

I can answer questions regarding all levels of the sport of women's gymnastics, the business of gymnastics, and the marketing of gymnastics programs.

I am the author of "Gymnastics: A Guide for Parents and Athletes" currently being published by McGraw-Hill. I am also a ghostwriter and co-author of the Gymcert series of books "Levels 1-3 Gymnastics Coaches Certifications Manuals" for recreational gymnasts, and the "Levels 4 - 6 Skills and Drills" books as well as Safety Basics for Gymnastics Instructors. I have written several other books on the sport of gymnastics for Richardson Publishing, the latest of which is titled, "Back Handsprings: The Secret Techniques." Oh, and by the way, I was a competitive gymnast through high school and college (Temple University), gymnastics club owner for 10 years, and women's gymnastics coach for 30 years working with gymnasts at all competitive levels

USA Gymnastics National Writer's union Florida Writer's Association

USA Gymnastics magazine Technique magazine International Gymnast magazine several newspaper articles

Temple University - Health Physical Education, Recreation & Dance Norwich University - Bachelors of Arts in Writing & Literature

Several state and national level gymnastics champions in different systems of competition.

Past/Present clients
Gymnasts, coaches, and club owners nation-wide.