Gymnastics/vault studder step

Hi , I'm a soon to be level seven gymnast 2 years ago I dropped out and now I've just come back
Last month and I have a horrible studder step for vault and cant even do a handspring without  a spot

Thank you.

You are just not used to vaulting. You will figure this out if you are serious about getting back to the Level 7 routines. You need to take a lot of turns to get more comfortable with the hurdle and the jump to the board. Work some drill where the horse is not in front of you and just jump on to a mat or bounce across to a lower surface and just work the run to the board. You will get over the stutter step.

Mark Williams

My expertise is primarily with men`s gymnastics at all levels. General questions about gymnastics and Olympic and World Championship competitions are also areas which I have knowledge.

Head Coach at the University of Oklahoma, 1996 Assistant Olympic Coach for US Men''s Team, 1999 Head Coach of Pan American Games US Men''s Team