Gymnastics/vault studder step

Question
Hi , I'm a soon to be level seven gymnast 2 years ago I dropped out and now I've just come back
Last month and I have a horrible studder step for vault and cant even do a handspring without  a spot

Thank you.

Answer
Bryce-

You are just not used to vaulting. You will figure this out if you are serious about getting back to the Level 7 routines. You need to take a lot of turns to get more comfortable with the hurdle and the jump to the board. Work some drill where the horse is not in front of you and just jump on to a mat or bounce across to a lower surface and just work the run to the board. You will get over the stutter step.

Gymnastics

Mark Williams