Gymnastics/Elite Gymnastics Training Facilities

Hi, I am looking to up my gymnastics carrer to elite or Olympic level hopefully. I would like to switch to a gymnastics facitities that could give me this opportunity. I am looking for a facility or training center in Virgina, northern VA. I am looking for a gym that could train me and or take to to the Olympic Games.

Hello Aly,
         I am very happy to help you.  I suggest you go to the USAG website to find the gyms in the zip code area you desire.  The USAG website will list all the gymnastics schools in your region and you can investigate to your hearts content.  I wish you the best in your quest and take care Jack Leonard

USA Gymnastics Headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind.
1-317 237 5050

Jack Leonard

Former 5 time Natl. Tumbling Champ, 3 time Natl. Vaulting Champ, Natl. Floor Exercise Champ; Ass`t coach of Dominique Dawes for 6 years; Owner/Director/Head coach of Kauai Gymnastics Academy on the island of Kauai in Hawaii; Retired Physical Ed teacher; Childrens Fitness Expert; Expert Consultant for gymnastics litigation; Retired Mens & Womens HS Gymnastics coach for 32 years. National coaching honors for Men in 1981 & Women in 2001.

I value the following awards because they were given by acknowlegement through my peers: The Nissen/Grissold Award given to the outstanding Tumbling and Tramp Athlete(1972), National High School coach of the year in 1981 for men and 2001 for women, 10 time County Coach of the Year. Medal Award given at the first World Tumbling Championships in London, England for dedication to the sport. Lastly, having the opportunity to coach Wes Suter(1988 Olympian)in his intermediate years and Dominique Dawes(1992 & 1996)