Gymnastics/Level 8 turn requirements

Hi my daughter just moved up from level 7 to level 8 and she only has a full turn in her floor routine.  She can do a 1.5 turn but her coach said it would be too hard to adjust her floor routine to incorporate it into her routine. She also said there is not a deduction for just a full turn but every other level 8 is doing a 1.5 turn and Im concerned that she will get points off during a meet.

Thank you so much

Hi Kelly,

The turn requirement falls under composition deductions.  At Level 8 there is a 0.20 deduction for not have a "B" turn in the routine.

A 1 1/2 turn will fulfill this requirement as well as a full turn with leg at horizontal.

Hope that helps.

Pam Rafe-Borges

I can answer questions about technique, choreography, skill values for both Women's USAG JO rules and NFHS rules. I have been in this sport for 35 plus years as an athlete and a coach. I have been a judge for 15 plus years.

I have been in the sport for 30 plus years, as a gymnast, coach, choreographer,pre-school gymnastics instructor, and official.I was the gymnastics director for 10 years at a summer day camp

I have a USAG level 10 judges rating. I am also a NJSIAA judge which uses the NFHS rules.