Gymnastics/Level 8 turn requirements

Question
Hi my daughter just moved up from level 7 to level 8 and she only has a full turn in her floor routine.  She can do a 1.5 turn but her coach said it would be too hard to adjust her floor routine to incorporate it into her routine. She also said there is not a deduction for just a full turn but every other level 8 is doing a 1.5 turn and Im concerned that she will get points off during a meet.

Thank you so much

Answer
Hi Kelly,

The turn requirement falls under composition deductions.  At Level 8 there is a 0.20 deduction for not have a "B" turn in the routine.

A 1 1/2 turn will fulfill this requirement as well as a full turn with leg at horizontal.

Hope that helps.

Pam

Gymnastics

Pam Rafe-Borges