Hi Pam
I have a question. Our home meet is the middle of Jan. and I would like to go watch my friends compete and I told them I would. I compete Saturday at 6 pm. And my level 9 friends compete that same Sat. At 10 am, and my level 7 friends compete that Sat. At 3.

I really want to go to both but I don't want to spend all day at the gym then have to compete. What if I get tired etc. I want to properly prepare for my home comp. But I really want to see my friends compete.

Also what are some pre meet rituals and tips you have for my first level 8 meet? Thanks

Hi Kylie, I don't think you would be any more tired watching your friends...remember you can tune out and just chill for a bit if you want.  There is also downtime between sessions.  Just get lots of sleep the 2 nights before the meet, eat well and hydrate.
Good luck.

Pam Rafe-Borges

I can answer questions about technique, choreography, skill values for both Women's USAG JO rules and NFHS rules. I have been in this sport for 35 plus years as an athlete and a coach. I have been a judge for 15 plus years.

I have been in the sport for 30 plus years, as a gymnast, coach, choreographer,pre-school gymnastics instructor, and official.I was the gymnastics director for 10 years at a summer day camp

I have a USAG level 10 judges rating. I am also a NJSIAA judge which uses the NFHS rules.