Gymnastics/What to do?

Question
Hi, I am a struggling level 6 gymnast. Ever since around September, I feel like I haven't gotten any better as a gymnast, I even possible have gotten worse. I do not want to quit gymnastics but my coaches and parents don't know what to do. I do not want to be moved to level 5 as I am an older gymnast. And I have about 2 more meets to get to sates. And I need a dismount on beam and bars and my feet together on my round off back handspring back tuck. I also run out of enegy in my routine at the end.

What do you think I should do? Do you onestly think I can get better? It seems like my coaches are doubting I can improve as I have till the end of Feb. to get everything. I want to prove them wrong, but everything feels off. Maybe I am growing, but I need to know how to work around it.

Thanks!
Please help!
URGENTT

Answer

Sorry your frustrated.  I absolutely think you can get better.  But that takes work and commitment.  For stamina, try running up and down stairs for 1.5 minutes (the length of a routine). Rest for 1 minute and repeat at least 3 times.  

Without knowing what your concerns are as far as skills...I don't have any suggestions there.

Sounds like you are at an age where your body is changing a lot.  Don't be too hard on yourself. This happens to almost every gymnast...some things get harder for a while, but with determination you CAN get it back.

I hope you keep having fun,

Pam

Gymnastics

Pam Rafe-Borges