I can do a backbend and a bridge, but I don't understand why I cant do a back walkover.Any suggestions? Also, how do you stand up from a bridge?

Most of the issue is flexibility of your back. You still need to continue to stretch your bridge to get your hands closer to your feet. You need to work on rocking your weight back and forth to try to kick over or stand up. Creating enough weight over the base of support,your hands or feet, will allow you to do a walk-over or stand up. You can have someone hold your back to help you do the skill with a spot. Eventually, you will be able to kick over, if you do enough and keep working on it.

Mark Williams

My expertise is primarily with men`s gymnastics at all levels. General questions about gymnastics and Olympic and World Championship competitions are also areas which I have knowledge.

Head Coach at the University of Oklahoma, 1996 Assistant Olympic Coach for US Men''s Team, 1999 Head Coach of Pan American Games US Men''s Team