Gymnastics/push up problem

I am unable to do push ups, a tried lot but I failed, I tried a lot but I didn't do a single perfect push up...... Please help me ?

Hello Ali,
         I am very glad to help you.  I know the feeling of being humbled from an exercise.  I would start with an easier type of push-up.  Try laying on your stomach and then bend your legs.  Now try to push up.  It should be easier to do.  If you can do that, you eventually will be strong enough to perform one with just your hands and feet on the floor.  Oh,you should do 5-6 sets of 4 or 5 pushs ups if you can with this method.  This will help you to get muscle memory to perform the regular push-ups you desire.  Finally, if those are hard, you could choose an even easier way than laying on your stomach with legs bent.  You can stand arms length from a wall (with you palms flat on the wall shoulder high).  Now proceed to do your push ups going forward to the wall.  The push ups from the wall will be the easiest. will have a start place.  =)  I wish you the very best in your quest for the perfect push-up and take care -- Jack Leonard

Jack Leonard

Former 5 time Natl. Tumbling Champ, 3 time Natl. Vaulting Champ, Natl. Floor Exercise Champ; Ass`t coach of Dominique Dawes for 6 years; Owner/Director/Head coach of Kauai Gymnastics Academy on the island of Kauai in Hawaii; Retired Physical Ed teacher; Childrens Fitness Expert; Expert Consultant for gymnastics litigation; Retired Mens & Womens HS Gymnastics coach for 32 years. National coaching honors for Men in 1981 & Women in 2001.

I value the following awards because they were given by acknowlegement through my peers: The Nissen/Grissold Award given to the outstanding Tumbling and Tramp Athlete(1972), National High School coach of the year in 1981 for men and 2001 for women, 10 time County Coach of the Year. Medal Award given at the first World Tumbling Championships in London, England for dedication to the sport. Lastly, having the opportunity to coach Wes Suter(1988 Olympian)in his intermediate years and Dominique Dawes(1992 & 1996)