Gymnastics/Splits pain in thighs

Whenever I do the splits, my outer thighs hurt the more I push down, and I want to get my kicks higher but my kick chamber doesn't get very high up

Joe, Not being A medical Doctor I don't want to tell you about your hips, however I can relate to hip pain, and so could my Karate instructor Bill (superfoot) Wallace. He never stopped working on his flexibility. I can remember one day in workout he told me that no matter how much he worked on his splits his body seemed to always work harder to reverse his efforts.
I do recommend that if you don't have any progress and continue to have pain that you see a doctor and perhaps have an MRI done to ascertain if there are any issues in your hip and upper leg area.
"Flexibility once attained must constantly be maintained."
A rule of thumb that most athletes must live by.
Keep working on it and once you get there don't stop or you will have to start all over again, and it never gets easier just harder...!
Sorry to break the news to you.
I can also recommend you watch your diet and supplements that might also help with the muscle pain. Try less meat and more veggies.
A little Bozwellian Cream seems to help with most muscle pains I have. and it is only about 7 bucks, but don't ignore pain if it persists, see a doctor.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Chris Eilertsen

Trampoline, how it affects Ariel Skills for Diving, Wake & snow Boarding, Ariel Skiing, Sky Diving, Pole vaulting, High Jumping, Tumbling, Double Mini, Power Tumbling, Cheerleading, football, Martial Arts, Movie stunts, and Gymnastics.

36 years on the trampoline 5 time National Champion 3rd in the World championships in 72 Nissen World cup champion in 75, World Spaceball Champion 79 Masters National Champion 98. All around NCAA Gymnast U of M and MSU. Cheerleader MSU and Sky diver ( RW on my 5th jump 6 man) and track High Jump, Pole Vaulting (Tied School record with 8 jumps). Diving State level and professional High diver 110 ft., Wrestling, City Champion Karate 7 years trained under Bill Wallace and Trained Several World Champions in Trampoline.

Liscened Mortgage Broker, Former AAU, USTA, USGF, FIT 8 years international Judges Certificate.USGA member Member # 2 of the Trampoline Safety Certification

Haven't Written.
Current Activities
Photography, Mortgage, Nanoplatelett devlopment, Custom safety surfaces, Private Lessons, Sales, Advertising, Writing, and Seeking Venture Capital for Zero Pollution Motors & MDI

BA MSU 79, Studied U of M and Universitat Wein.

Many National and World commpetitions 10 years AAU all american.

Zeno Steiger, and Kurt Bachler for Ruth Keller, Dr. Rugheimer For Mary and Mac, Trained Frankie Bare for the worlds first tripple tripple on Skis, Dave Ransom to Work with Stuart and Renee' and Ann Thompson.