Gymnastics/back tucks on beam

Question
I have been trying to get my back tucks consistent on the beam for a year now.  I can do them with a lot of height but my problem is that I can't  land them.  I put one foot slightly in front of the other at the take off but when I try to land them on the beam both of my feet come down together side by side.  This of course prevents me from landing them successfully.  I do the same thing when I practice my back tucks up to a panel matt.  How can I land them one foot in front of the other?

Answer
Hello Jill,
         I am very glad to help you.  You need to practice a plain jump with the feet side by side meaning one foot in the middle of the other.  Now you need to land with one foot behind the other with your hips above and between both feet.  Practicing the jump with no trick is the key.  Realize and learn from the drill to see which way you are naturally jumping.  Usually, the gymnast would jump to the side opposite the foot in front on the take off.   For example, if your left foot is slightly in front of your right in take off…….you probably are jumping/falling off to the right side of the beam.  Please be conscience of that and  press off of both feet simultaneously and you will find yourself more square in the flip and be on the beam.  Remember, most all of the jumps on the beam take off and land the same……it is just the position in the air that changes.  I wish you the very best and
take care – Jack Leonard

Gymnastics

Jack Leonard