Gymnastics/values of beam skills

I am working on several aerial skills on beam and want to know what value of skill it is.  What is a side aerial and a front toss over worth? What are some example of D leaps and jumps on beam? What is a back attitude turn worth on beam?

Hi Jess.

A side aerial is a D. If the front toss goes to the feet it is a D. A tuck 1/1 is a D. A switch side is a D.  Any jump other than a tuck shape with at least a 3/4 twist is a D.

These are all questions that can be found in the code and online at Your gym should have a Code of Points available. I would be concerned if they didn't.

Pam Rafe-Borges

I can answer questions about technique, choreography, skill values for both Women's USAG JO rules and NFHS rules. I have been in this sport for 35 plus years as an athlete and a coach. I have been a judge for 15 plus years.

I have been in the sport for 30 plus years, as a gymnast, coach, choreographer,pre-school gymnastics instructor, and official.I was the gymnastics director for 10 years at a summer day camp

I have a USAG level 10 judges rating. I am also a NJSIAA judge which uses the NFHS rules.