Gymnastics/values of beam skills

Question
I am working on several aerial skills on beam and want to know what value of skill it is.  What is a side aerial and a front toss over worth? What are some example of D leaps and jumps on beam? What is a back attitude turn worth on beam?

Answer
Hi Jess.

A side aerial is a D. If the front toss goes to the feet it is a D. A tuck 1/1 is a D. A switch side is a D.  Any jump other than a tuck shape with at least a 3/4 twist is a D.

These are all questions that can be found in the code and online at usa-gymnastics.org. Your gym should have a Code of Points available. I would be concerned if they didn't.

Pam

Gymnastics

Pam Rafe-Borges