Hi, I was just wondering about bridge kickover drills. Is there any easy drills I can do at home to help me get my bridge kickover? Please respond ASAP

Hi CJ,
     I am very glad to help you.  All you need to do to make the bridge kickover is to make the surface where you place your feet higher.  You know you need that surface higher if you miss two kickovers in a row.  Try to be consistent at finding the right height so you can interpret the weight shift and back strength to pull your legs over and maintain the integrity of the trick. will be able to do it on flat ground.  Don't forget to work on your shoulder and lower back flexibility everyday.  I wish you the very best in your training and Take Care -- Jack Leonard  

Jack Leonard

Former 5 time Natl. Tumbling Champ, 3 time Natl. Vaulting Champ, Natl. Floor Exercise Champ; Ass`t coach of Dominique Dawes for 6 years; Owner/Director/Head coach of Kauai Gymnastics Academy on the island of Kauai in Hawaii; Retired Physical Ed teacher; Childrens Fitness Expert; Expert Consultant for gymnastics litigation; Retired Mens & Womens HS Gymnastics coach for 32 years. National coaching honors for Men in 1981 & Women in 2001.

I value the following awards because they were given by acknowlegement through my peers: The Nissen/Grissold Award given to the outstanding Tumbling and Tramp Athlete(1972), National High School coach of the year in 1981 for men and 2001 for women, 10 time County Coach of the Year. Medal Award given at the first World Tumbling Championships in London, England for dedication to the sport. Lastly, having the opportunity to coach Wes Suter(1988 Olympian)in his intermediate years and Dominique Dawes(1992 & 1996)