Gymnastics/Air Flair

Question
I am working on putting an air flair into my Level 8 floor routine. I can get the transition from Thomas flair to Air Flair but the second rotation is breaking down and I can't get into a second air flair or revert back into Thomas flair. My coach hasn't done an air flair himself and hasn't coached it. Do you have any tips on what I need to do to train this move.

Answer
That is a very difficult skill, especially for level 8. The best thing you can do is work on spindle to handstand and back down. You have to learn to have your body supported over one arm while in the middle of the flair. It took the Hamm brothers many tries to perfect this skill. You will just have to keep working on the transition from flair, handstand hop to other hand and back down. Good luck.

Gymnastics

Mark Williams