Gymnastics/about gymnastics

Question
Im 26 yrs old and never took gymnastics before. I love dance and I watch yymnastics cause im a big fan of it. I have little dance experience. I want to know can I start now and compete like the other girls do? Is there any requirements to start?

Answer
Hi Unreica,

You wrote, "Im 26 yrs old and never took gymnastics before. I love dance and I watch yymnastics cause im a big fan of it. I have little dance experience. I want to know can I start now and compete like the other girls do? Is there any requirements to start?"

You can start gymnastics at any age.

Many private gyms and colleges have adult gymnastics programs. You should enroll in one of these. The biggest factor is going to be conditioning. You will need to build your strength and flexibility to be proficient in this sport.

As far as competition, I have heard over the years of "Senior Divisions" in some gymnastics invitational competitions. You would need to seek these out to find out what the entry requirements are.

Wherever you go, make sure the coach has USAG Safety Certification.

Coach Rik

Gymnastics

Rik Feeney