Gymnastics/Beam Mount Value

I want a new beam mount but I can't find it in the Code de Pointage so I am asking you!

I stand beside the beam, facing it lengthways. I jump through, do a V-Sit for 2secs and then pike through and pike press up to handstand. Then I just put one foot down after the other and stand on the beam.

I know that a straddle press lowering down to Pike Support (V-Sit) is a C and a straddle press handstand, full turn lowering to Pike Support is a D.

But what about Pike Support piking through to pike handstand? Is it also a C? Or is it a D because piking up is harder than just lowering down?

I hope you can help me!

Hi Mia,
      I am glad to help you.  The code of points that I have is a red book.
The following is on the front cover:

Begin Here, Go Anywhere

Women's Artistic Gymnastics
1st Edition

I found on these pages of the Balance Beam Elements.  Please check them out (if you have an edition).  They are of B value listed under Mounts.

1)  Page 177,  #1.206

2)  Page 179,  #1.210

I wish you the oh...I love your mount.  :)
Take Care -- Jack Leonard  

Jack Leonard

Former 5 time Natl. Tumbling Champ, 3 time Natl. Vaulting Champ, Natl. Floor Exercise Champ; Ass`t coach of Dominique Dawes for 6 years; Owner/Director/Head coach of Kauai Gymnastics Academy on the island of Kauai in Hawaii; Retired Physical Ed teacher; Childrens Fitness Expert; Expert Consultant for gymnastics litigation; Retired Mens & Womens HS Gymnastics coach for 32 years. National coaching honors for Men in 1981 & Women in 2001.

I value the following awards because they were given by acknowlegement through my peers: The Nissen/Grissold Award given to the outstanding Tumbling and Tramp Athlete(1972), National High School coach of the year in 1981 for men and 2001 for women, 10 time County Coach of the Year. Medal Award given at the first World Tumbling Championships in London, England for dedication to the sport. Lastly, having the opportunity to coach Wes Suter(1988 Olympian)in his intermediate years and Dominique Dawes(1992 & 1996)