Gymnastics/Elem. PE gymnastics

Question
Hi there,
Years ago when i worked as a PE teacher in Montgomery Co. Maryland, the public schools had a gymnastics/monkey bar portable set up.  I used it to teach strength and the concept of going over under and through... It too k 10 minutes to set it up.  It was free standing and you put Mats underneath.  I would augment with a little tunnel to climb through and wedge mats. etc.  I can not find this product on line.  Do you know what I am talking about?

Thanks, Sam

Answer
Hi Sam,
         I am glad to help you.  FYI, I also taught elementary in MCPS.  Small world.  I would take the strategies below.

Fundraiser for the equipment:  Find the PTA or whoever was in charge and see the invoices for purchase.

PE end of year order:  Go back and check on the purchase order to that item.

I know the internet can be a pain.  When I taught we could only purchase off the bid list.  Although, if it was a fundraiser…..we could go to different vendors as long as it was approved by the principal and PE supervisor.  If the product is not too old, it still may be on the bid list.  Check it out.  I wish you the very best and take care – Jack Leonard

PS:  I taught at several schools while putting in my 32 years (1973-2005) They were in the closest chronological order I can remember:  Pyle JHS, Wood JHS, Banneker JHS, Wood JHS, Jackson Road Elem., Broad Acres Elem, Page Elem. & Greenwood Elem.  I think there was one or two more in the early 80’s when enrollment was down.  I ended up full time at Jackson Road (behind White Oak MS)  I also coached gymnastics at many JHS and High Schools throughout the years.  Best of luck in MCPS.

Gymnastics

Jack Leonard