Gymnastics/Middle circles on bars

Question
My daughter is a Lev 3 gymnast & is having g a difficult time wih the mid circle move.  I am not familiar with the sport so I have a hard time providing useful tips for her.  Can you suggest any excersises it helpful hints to help her get it mastered?  She is very upset that she can not do this move.

Thank you,

Answer
Kelly,
Thanks for the q. I found this great YouTube video that should load you up with a ton of tips, please share it with your daughter.  It has a lot of good drills and accurate terms and multi use full skills to help with the skills in the level 2, 3, & 4 routines.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFsFU-iTjM

Learning a tight body drill will also help your daughter to maintain better body control.  You can teach her one by having her stand on her tip toes and stretch up to touch your hand over her head and hands, when you feel her entire body tighten (fingertips to toes) then you know & so does she that her body is tight. Then she can lower heh arms while remaining tight and still feel all her muscles stretching, this will help her to be able to have & maintain better body control (p.s. don't let her come off her toes while lowering her arms).
Several of the drills in the video are also excellent at helping with strengthening the muscles needed to do the rolls you asked about.
I hope this helps you with your understanding of the training tips. Videos are an excellent way to get the best if they are done right, and this one is a good one.
Thanks again,
Hope this helps,
C.  

Gymnastics

Chris Eilertsen