Gymnastics/Toe-hand circle on bars

Last year my daughter (level 8) began learning toe-circle to handstand on bars. Her coach at the time taught her to step down from the cast handstand into the toe circle one foot at a time.  She can do it this way and hit a handstand on strap bar. However her new coach wants her to squat onto the bar w both feet for the toe circle but my daughter can't get the technique or rhythm this way.  What is the difference in the 2 approaches and does it matter which way she does it?

Hello Chris,
         I am very glad to help you.  I have not heard of the technique of a squat on toe circle to a handstand.  I teach squad on back toe circle in place of a plain squat on to go to high bar.  I look at a straddle toe circle on and off to handstand is done similar to the clear hip action.  The purpose of thinking clear hip is to help in bending the bar for the opening.  The more the bar bends the more action for the opening.  This is no different than a clear hip that starts from the handstand verses one  that starts from horizontal.  FYI, the further the hips/feet are away from the bar the better the bar works for you.  I hope this helps your daughter.  Also, check on you tube videos for some visual understandings.  
Take Care Jack Leonard  

Jack Leonard

Former 5 time Natl. Tumbling Champ, 3 time Natl. Vaulting Champ, Natl. Floor Exercise Champ; Ass`t coach of Dominique Dawes for 6 years; Owner/Director/Head coach of Kauai Gymnastics Academy on the island of Kauai in Hawaii; Retired Physical Ed teacher; Childrens Fitness Expert; Expert Consultant for gymnastics litigation; Retired Mens & Womens HS Gymnastics coach for 32 years. National coaching honors for Men in 1981 & Women in 2001.

I value the following awards because they were given by acknowlegement through my peers: The Nissen/Grissold Award given to the outstanding Tumbling and Tramp Athlete(1972), National High School coach of the year in 1981 for men and 2001 for women, 10 time County Coach of the Year. Medal Award given at the first World Tumbling Championships in London, England for dedication to the sport. Lastly, having the opportunity to coach Wes Suter(1988 Olympian)in his intermediate years and Dominique Dawes(1992 & 1996)