Gymnastics/Full-in on high bar

Hi Mark,

I believe we know each other from the summer camp at Pingree Park in Colorado with Brian Richmond.  I am asking about who the first person was to do a full-in back out on high bar in a major competition.  I did two in the Colorado State Championship in the 1976 competitive season.

Chris Brackeen

Good to hear from you. Sorry I missed you at the reunion this summer.

I believe there were a couple of Soviet and Japanese gymnasts who were doing this skill around this time. I don't have the specific names, though. I can tell you that I did this in 1975 at a high school meet in Illinois. So there were a few of them out there from 1972-76.

Take care.

Mark Williams

My expertise is primarily with men`s gymnastics at all levels. General questions about gymnastics and Olympic and World Championship competitions are also areas which I have knowledge.

Head Coach at the University of Oklahoma, 1996 Assistant Olympic Coach for US Men''s Team, 1999 Head Coach of Pan American Games US Men''s Team